Pages

Bonucci gets flak for faulting Kean in racial row

Bonucci gets flak for faulting Kean in racial row
TURIN • Teammates are supposed to have each other's backs, but Leonardo Bonucci evidently thinks otherwise.
Rising starlet Moise Kean, who notched his first two goals for Italy during the international break as the Azzurri opened their Euro 2020 qualifying campaign with two straight victories, fired home his fourth league goal this season to seal Juventus' 2-0 win at Cagliari on Tuesday.
While the 19-year-old and teammates Blaise Matuidi and Alex Sandro had been targeted by monkey chants throughout the game, the noises increased in intensity after the forward celebrated his goal by standing in front of the home fans with outstretched arms.
Kean, who was born in Vercelli to Ivorian parents, later stood by his actions, posting on his Instagram page that it was "the best way to respond to racism".
But Bonucci, who opened the scoring, told Sky Italia that as he had incited the crowd, "the blame is 50-50".
The Italy defender said: "Kean knows that when he scores a goal, he has to focus on celebrating with his teammates.
"He knows he could've done something differently, too. Moise shouldn't have done that and the Curva (Cagliari fans) should not have reacted that way.
"We are professionals, we have to set the example and not provoke anyone."
Cagliari president Tommaso Giulini also described criticism of his team's supporters as "self-righteousness", while labelling Matuidi as a "drama queen".
Bonucci's comments, however, drew swift condemnation on social media and from fellow footballers including Memphis Depay and Christian Benteke.
Raheem Sterling, who has also been the subject of racist abuse while playing for both Manchester City and England, posted in response on his Instagram page that "all you can do now is laugh".
Juve midfielder Miralem Pjanic rejected Bonucci's insinuations, telling Football-Italia that taunts have "no place in football", while Matuidi also tweeted his support, using the hashtag #NoToRacism.
The abuse came on the same day that Aleksander Ceferin, president of European football governing body Uefa, said that he was "ashamed" by the spate of incidents - most recently when England played in Montenegro last week. He urged officials to "not to be afraid to act" to stop a match if things get out of order.
AGENCE FRANCE-PRESSE, REUTERS


Spurs boss Pochettino charged by FA with improper conduct Tottenham manager Mauricio Pochettino was Monday charged with improper conduct by the Football Association following his side's defeat
Spurs boss Pochettino charged by FA with improper conduct


Buchanan goal hands Canada slender 1-0 win over Cameroon a winning start to the women's World Cup as they edged Cameroon 1-0 at a rainy Stade de La Mosson on Monday. post just before
Buchanan goal hands Canada slender 1-0 win over Cameroon


Players confront coach after James-less Lakers' loss OAKLAND • LeBron James' absence from the Los Angeles Lakers' 115-101 National Basketball Association (NBA) loss to the Golden State Warriors due to "load management" had been the main talking point on Saturday night.
Luke Walton calls out Lakers veterans for selfish play after loss


Arsenal manager Unai Emery was fined 8,000 pounds on Monday but avoided a touchline ban for kicking a plastic bottle at a Brighton and Hove Albion supporter, the English Football Association (FA
Arsenal's Emery fined for kicking bottle at Brighton fan

Emery urges consistency during season's final straight


Come July, you'll be able to see some of your favourite European football clubs live in Singapore when they head over for their pre-season friendly matches. These include Manchester United, Tottenham Hotspur, Juventus, and Inter Milan. The International Champions Cup (ICC) organisers made the highly anticipated announcement on Wednesday (27 Mar).
Man City vs. Liverpool, Man Utd vs. Liverpool pick of ICC


January 16, 2019 Admin2 SundiataPost Sports Comments Off on FIFA Says In Regular Contact With AFC Over Detained Bahraini Player Dubai - FIFA says it has been in regular contact with the Asian Football Confederation (AFC) over the Bahraini football player arrested in Thailand in November over a prison sentence in his homeland.
FIFA in regular contact with AFC over detained Bahraini player


Despite many failures of the NDA Government during 2014-19, the electorate voted for the BJP. The BJP leaders bypassed economic and employment issues and made security and Hindutva as main poll issues to woo the electorate, KPCC chief said.
Pregnant Natalie Queiroz tells of moment she was stabbed 24


Coimbatore: Chennai City's I-League-winning coach Akbar Nawas Saturday called for a unified league with 20 teams, saying it would "benefit" the national team.Uncertainty looms over I-League's future with the All India Football Federation (AIFF) mulling bringing the league's top teams into the ISL fold.
Coaches Evening with Akbar Nawas - Athletes and Coaches


MILAN: European football governing body UEFA said Friday that the correct anti-racism protocol had not been followed during the Italian league game between Inter Milan and Napoli midweek amid repeated abuse of Senegalese defender Kalidou Koulibaly.

Liverpool laying groundwork for sustained success, says Klopp

0 komentar:

Posting Komentar